Work with us – Production and Company Coordinator
We are looking for an arts administrator to support the work of the Reading Theater Project. Could it be you? Maybe you are a recent college grad, looking to build your skills and resume. Maybe you are retired and want to keep working (but not 40 hours a week). Maybe you have a full time job and want to supplement your income and community engagement. Maybe you… are someone else entirely.
Whoever you are, if you are interested, we can’t wait to hear from you. Read below and apply.
Production and Company Coordinator Job Description
- Reports to the Board of Directors
- Works in partnership with Artistic Director and Technical Director for productions
- Set and manage the annual production calendar and detailed production schedules (internal and public) with artistic director and production directors; includes auditions, rehearsals, meetings, performances, strike, post mortem, special events
- Book rehearsal and performance venues; manage details of the contracts, ensure payments are made on time
- Manage auditions and/or submissions
- Set up photographers and videographers for productions; maintain up to date headshot file for current season artists and online photo storage
- Set up and execute necessary rentals and purchases related to technical elements (set, lights, costumes, props, video) for each production
- Set up and manage front of house for productions and events including ticketing, concessions, ushers, liquor license, box office and other set up
- Send and track contracts, 1099 required paperwork, clearances, etc.
- Recruit and manage volunteers as needed for projects and front of house
- Internal communications to artists and volunteers (via private website, newsletter)
- Work with Artistic Director on production marketing
- Periodic website review and updates; maintain website calendar
- Add RTP events to public, online calendars
- Send thank you letters to donors
- Help with donation request mailing (quarterly)
- Friendly, collaborative, inclusive attitude.
- Self guided, independent, proactive.
- Comfortable with Google Drive, Zoom, Ticketleap, WordPress, Canva (or experienced in learning new technology)
- Graphic Design experience a plus.
What to expect:
- Work from Home
- Reading/Berks based
- Expect to attend meetings, rehearsals, and performances/events in Reading/Berks.
- Work will ebb and flow around the production schedule.
- Job can evolve to suit the person’s interest, expertise, etc.
- Monthly stipend based on experience.
To apply: email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Questions: contact Artistic Director Vicki Graff: firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-706-9719.