Want to work with Reading Theater Project? Here are several options!
Please email us to introduce yourself – we love meeting new performing artists, playwrights, designers, technicians, volunteers, or theater lovers! Email a letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to be our new Production Manager.
- Set and manage the annual production calendar and detailed production schedules (internal and public)
- Create and manage budget for productions with Artistic Director and board Treasurer
- Schedule and manage auditions
- Coordinate rehearsal and performance space rentals
- Hire and supervise production staff, photographer and videographer, volunteers; call and run production team meetings as needed by show schedule
- Manage hiring procedures and paperwork (paid and volunteer) for productions
- Set up and execute necessary rentals and purchases related to technical elements (set, lights, costumes, props, video) for each production
- Set up and manage front of house for productions and events including ticketing, concessions, ushers, liquor license, box office and other set up
- Manage hiring procedures (paid and volunteer), technical elements (set, lights, costumes, props, video), scheduling, facilities, and budgets (with board treasurer) for each production
- Participate in other activities and meetings of the company as needed. Represent the company at community events as needed.
- $300/month stipend with room for growth + additional for projects
- Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com
Call for playwrights: Submit a 10 minute play.
We are looking for one- or two-person, 10-minute plays to produce on our TV show, Reading Reading. Language and subject matter must be television appropriate. If selected, we will invite you on the TV show to discuss the play and your work as a playwright. The play will receive a reading by an actor on air. Local playwrights will be invited to the studio, playwrights from a distance will join via Zoom.
Submit your plays and introduce yourself or just ask questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Board!
The Reading Theater Project welcomes new board members. We are a local, innovative, professional theater company that creates new and original works based upon Berks County, its people, and its heritage.
Interested people should meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to attend board meetings held in person every other month.
- Attend no less than four of the six board meetings held in person every other month; additional meetings may be determined necessary.
- Serve on a committee for one event a year.
- Annually contribute financially (no minimum requirement) to RTP.
- Advocate to move RTP to new heights and levels of growth.
Submit a letter of introduction, background in volunteering and/or the arts, to Jen Reimer, board president. Please email to email@example.com.