Want to work with Reading Theater Project?
Please email us to introduce yourself – we love meeting new performing artists, playwrights, designers, technicians, volunteers, or theater lovers!
Email a letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in being our next Production and Company Manager? Click here to learn more and apply.
Join Our Board!
The Reading Theater Project welcomes new board members. We are a locally focused, innovative theater company that creates new and original works based on Berks County, its people, and its heritage.
Interested people should meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to attend board meetings held in person every other month.
- Attend no less than four of the six board meetings held in person every other month; additional meetings may be determined necessary.
- Serve on a committee for one event a year.
- Annually contribute financially (no minimum requirement) to RTP.
- Advocate to move RTP to new heights and levels of growth.
Submit a letter of introduction, background in volunteering and/or the arts, to Jen Reimer, board president. Please email email@example.com.
Call for playwrights: Submit a 10 minute play.
We are looking for one- or two-person, 10-minute plays to produce on our TV show, Reading Reading. Language and subject matter must be television appropriate. If selected, we will invite you on the TV show to discuss the play and your work as a playwright. The play will receive a reading by an actor on air. Local playwrights will be invited to the studio, playwrights from a distance will join via Zoom.
Submit your plays and introduce yourself or just ask questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.