Auditions for the LGBT + PlaywRIGHTing Series
Auditions: April 11th @ 6:30 PM
Location: LGBT Center of Greater Reading, 640 Centre Ave, Reading, PA 19601
Reading Theater Project is currently seeking submissions from non-union performers (especially LGBTQ+ performers) of all ages for our upcoming LGBT+ PlayRIGHTing Series, in partnership with LGBT Center of Greater Reading and GoggleWorks Center for the Arts. All actors will be paid a small stipend.
The audition will consist of cold readings from the following scripts; actors may audition for multiple roles.
To sign up for an audition, please sign up by Sunday, April 10, 5pm.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
All rehearsals will take place at the LGBT Center of Greater Reading.
All performances will take place at Boscov Film Theater at GoggleWorks (201 Washington Street, Reading, PA 19601)
The Series will feature these plays:
Sic Amo Sic Amas by California Jack Cassidy, directed by John Gancar (to be performed on June 9, 2022 at 7 PM)
Voices of Stonewall by Michael Gilles and Fay Jacobs, directed by Jimmy Damore (to be performed on June 2, 2022 at 7 PM)
Playing on the Periphery by Scott C. Sickles, directed by Lady Strongman (to be performed on May 12, 2022 at 7 PM)
Sweet Texas Reckoning by Traci Godfrey, directed by Joel Richard Gori (to be performed on May 5, 2022 at 7 PM)
Characters (directors may cast outside of the exact age recommendations):
Sic Amo, Sic Amas – family dramedy about the intersection of science and love
characters may be any race and ethnicity
- Linda Davis: female, 50s, scientist, cisgender
- Tyler Davis: male, mid 20s, Linda’s son, also a scientist, cisgender
- Annie Rondo: female, 31, Tyler’s girlfriend, transgender
- James: male, 50s, Linda’s boyfriend, cisgender
Voices of Stonewall – presentational and historical retelling of the Stonewall Riots.
- Four adults actors, any gender, any race, any ethnicity.
Playing on the Periphery – Monologues and Scenes for and about Queer Kids
Roles are for young actors – characters are 8 to 9 years old. We are interested in casting tweens and young teens.
- Daphne: adorable exterior hides a streak of mischief. Allergic to nonsense.
- Bertram: Sweet, nice, and always impeccably well-groomed and well dressed, even on a summer holiday.
- Zoey: gender non-confirming female, aka a tomboy
- Robert: Outwardly, a “normal” boy. Thin, athletic, always in jeans a t-shirt.
Sweet Texas Reckoning – a family drama about confronting race, sexuality, and bigotry
- Ellie Wolcott: a true Southern Baptist from Texas, mid 60s, white, cisgender
- Alan John: a ruggedly handsome Texan in his 40s, white, cisgender
- Kate Wolcott: a dancer, 40s, white, cisgender, daughter of Ellie
- Samantha: a dancer, 30s, Black, cisgender